FDA Warns Dogs Owners Of Commercial Bone Treats After 90 Illnesses and 15 Deaths


The U.S. Food and Drug Administration wants to warn dog owners about the dangers of commercial bone treats. The mass produced treats have resulted in dozens of illnesses and sadly, death.

The illnesses and symptoms can range, but the most common are the following:

  • Gastrointestinal obstruction (blockage of the digestive tract).
  • Choking.
  • Cuts and wounds in the mouth or on the tonsils.
  • Vomiting.
  • Diarrhea.
  • Bleeding from the rectum.
  • Death. Approximately fifteen dogs reportedly died after ingesting a bone treat.

“Giving your dog a bone treat might lead to an unexpected trip to your veterinarian, a possible emergency surgery, or even death for your pet,” Carmela Stamper, a veterinarian in the Center for Veterinary Medicine at the FDA, said in a statement.

Continue to the next page for more information on these harmful treats and what you should give your dog instead.

Next Page
Previous articleDog Is Overwhelmed With Gratitude When Rescuers Shave Off All His Matted Fur
Next articleMan Lives His Life As A Very Big Domesticated Puppy